Alliance Cincinnati May Classic
May 19th – 21st, 2017
Will be back in May, 2018
Regrettably, Alliance Cincinnati has cancelled the Alliance May Classic Tournament due to unforeseen circumstances. We feel the need to communicate this cancellation quickly because the team participation was growing rapidly. Internally, it was more than obvious that the date, location and level of tournament was going to be a success; therefore, we will keep it on the calendar for 2018.
Alliance Cincinnati is proud to announce that we are expanding our tournament selection to now include the Alliance Cincinnati May Classic, presented by Under Armour, which will be held from May 19th – May 21st at Miami Meadows (Cincinnati, OH).
This tournament is tailored towards all teams and levels within the U8 to U18 age groups and promises to deliver a wonderful soccer experience and a fun atmosphere for all the Players and Families that attend.
All accepted teams will be guaranteed a minimum of three games of play, and championship and finalist awards will be handed out in each division. We hope that you will join us for a great weekend of soccer!
Application Deadline is April 27th!
U10 – 7v7 – $475
U11 – 9v9 – $525
U12 – 9v9 – $525
U13 – 11v11 – $575
U14 – 11v11 – $575
U15 – 11v11 – $575
U16 – 11v11 – $575
U17 – 11v11 – $575
U18 – 11v11 – $575
To be posted
Alliance Cincinnati May Classic will utilize Miami Meadows Park and Riverside Park. Miami Meadows Park is a beautiful park with plumbed facilities, concessions, playgrounds, skate park, walking trial, abundant green space and a stocked lake. It also has easy access to Hwy 275. These are some of the best soccer fields in the Cincinnati area.
Miami Meadows Park | Field Map | Directions2016-Fall-AC-Field-Map-Dog-Days
Riverside Park | Field Map | DirectionsRiversideMAP
To be added soon.
May Classic 2016
Alliance Cincinnati May Classic - Liability Release From 360.83 KB 7 downloads...
Alliance Cincinnati May Classic - OSYSA Sanctioning 910.43 KB 8 downloads...
Alliance Cincinnati May Classic - Registration Checklist 288.57 KB 6 downloads...
Hotel Recommendations and Deals
Miami Township Lightning Policy
1. Anytime lightning is visible or you hear thunder, all players, coaches, spectators, umpires, and referees should Take Shelter Immediately!
2. Lightning Predictor – The Thor-Guard Lightning Predictor has been installed at Miami Meadows Park and Paxton-Ramsey Park. The Thor-Guard Lightning Predictor is programmed to emit a loud horn blast for 15 seconds as soon as there is a 30% chance that lightning will strike in a 2-mile radius. After the horn goes off, a yellow strobe will continue to flash until the risk of lightning has decreased. As soon as the horn or strobe are noted, outside activities should cease. All people (coaches, teams, spectators, officials, etc.) should immediately seek safe and appropriate shelter. When the risk of lightning has decreased to a safer level, the detector will sound 3 short all-clear blasts and the strobe will cease. For parks without the Thor-Guard Lightning Predictor, anytime lightning is visible or you hear thunder, please take shelter immediately.
3. Umpires, referees and/or event supervisor(s) should instruct all players, coaches, and fans that a danger is present and they should seek lightning safe shelter immediately. Recommended places for shelter are buildings with active electrical circuits and hard top vehicles with all windows closed. Picnic shelters ARE NOT suitable shelter.
4. Wait at least 30 minutes after the last lightning flash or the last sound of thunder before resuming activities.
5. Danger Zones To Avoid – Top floor of a building, showering, standing on concrete, talking on corded phones or touching any metal objects inside or outside of buildings and structures.
6. If the hair on your head or on your arms stands up or if you feel a tingling sensation: A. Immediately crouch down, put your feet together, lower your head, cover your ears and close your eyes and remain there until the sensation subsides; B. Avoid proximity and maintain a minimum of 15 ft. to other people.
7. If anyone is struck by lightning CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
8. We encourage you to develop and follow a “Lightning Safety Plan” for your specific event or activity.
9. This policy is not intended to be all-inclusive. All park users assume all risks associated with use of parks including potential of lightning strikes or other dangers resulting from inclement weather. We make no guarantee that the Thor-guard Lightning Predictor will function as designed. Miami Township assumes no liability to park users as a result of installation of lightning detection system.
Click here for Referee Registration.
What is the amount of the tournament fee?
U8 – 7v7 – $450
U9 thru U10 – 7v7 – $475
U11 thru U12 – 9v9 – $525
U13 & up – 11v11 – $575
Quick and easy electronic registration through Gotsoccer.com.
If checks will be mailed in, please make them payable to “Alliance Cincinnati May Classic” and mailed with a print out of your on-line application to:
May Classic Tournament
5589 Plum Run Rd
Milford, Ohio 45150
How many players are on the field?
U8, U9, & U10 play 7v7 on fields 40×60.
U11 & U12 play 9v9 on fields 50×80.
U13 & up play 11v11 on full size fields.
Is this tournament only for Premier teams?
This tournament is specifically designed for all levels of competition, and you can rest assured that your team will be placed in the appropriate level of competition.
I coach more than one team, will tournament schedule so I can attend all my teams games?
Alliance Cincinnati has several coaches who also coach more than one team, and we make every effort to accommodate these coaches.
Do I need a travel permit?
Teams from outside Ohio South need a travel permit. These would include the teams attending from Michigan, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia.
Will the May Classic accept multiple teams from our club?
Yes, our May Classic tournament strongly encourages clubs to send multiple teams. Please e-mail the tournament director if you will be applying as a club or with multiple teams from your club.
What are the fields/parks like at the Alliance Cincinnati May Classic?
Miami Meadows Park is a beautiful park with a pond, playground, lots of green space, baseball fields, picnic shelters (with flushing toilets), and a walking trail. There are approximately 20 soccer fields in use at Miami Meadows during the Dog Days tournament. The fields are well maintained and provide a level playing surface. They are in great shape. We are very proud of our park!
2017 Alliance Cincinnati May Classic Registration Check ListCheck-In Process:Registration may be done electronically with all [...]